AS level Physics OCR/A
- Week 1: Monday 27 March – Friday 31 March
- Week 2: Monday 3 April – Friday 7 April (including Good Friday)
- Week 3: Monday 10 April – Friday 14 April (including Easter Monday)
Length of Course
5 half-day sessions
This course is board-specific for the OCR/A (H556) specification and is for Year 12 students only.
The following topics will be covered:
- Mechanics (1): Resolving and adding vectors, velocity and acceleration, projectile motion, F= ma, terminal velocity, moments, Archimedes’ principle.
- Mechanics (2): Work, energy, power, efficiency, Newton’s laws, momentum, collisions, deformation of solids.
- Electric circuits: Kirchhoff’s laws, EMF, mean drift velocity, potential dividers, LDR, thermistors.
- Waves and quantum physics: Refraction, polarisation, diffraction, interference, standing waves, Young double-slit experiment, diffraction grating, EM waves, photoelectric effect, de Broglie wavelength.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Cambridge was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.