IGCSE English Language Edexcel
Length of Course
5 half-day sessions
This course is suitable for Year 11 students sitting IGCSE English with Edexcel (Specification A). This specification has two options. Students who are not submitting coursework should attend all five sessions. Students who are submitting coursework will not need to attend Thursday and Friday 11:00-12:30. Students attending Paper 1 sessions only will be charged a pro-rata rate.
- Reading and understanding texts with insight and engagement
- Developing and sustaining interpretations of writers’ ideas and perspectives
- Understanding and making some evaluation of how writers use linguistic and structural devices to achieve their effects.
- Revising how to answer questions that test understanding of an unprepared reading passage and a passage from part 1 of the Pearson Edexcel International IGCSE English Anthology.
- Communicating clearly and appropriately, using and adapting forms for different readers and purposes
- Organising ideas into sentences, paragraphs and whole texts using a variety of linguistic and structural features
- Using a range of sentence structures effectively, with accurate punctuation and spelling.
- Revising how to complete a 45-mark writing task involving a given audience, form or purpose. Paper 1 is compulsory for all students.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Cambridge was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.