English – Second Language IGCSE
- Week 1: Monday 28 March – Friday 1 April
- Week 2: Monday 4 April – Friday 8 April
- Week 3: Monday 11 April – Friday 15 April
Length of Course
9am to 12.30pm and/or 1.30pm to 5pm daily
This course is suitable only for students sitting English – Second Language IGCSE with CIE. It is not suitable for students who speak English as their first language.
- R1: Identify and retrieve facts and details
- R2: Understand and select relevant information
- R3: Recognise and understand ideas, opinions and attitudes and the connections between related ideas
- R4: Understand what is implied but not actually written, eg gist, relationships, writer’s purpose/intention, writer’s feelings, situation or place
- W1: Communicate clearly, accurately and appropriately
- W2: Convey information and express opinions effectively
- W3: Employ and control a variety of grammatical structures
- W4: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a range of appropriate vocabulary
- W5: Observe conventions of paragraphing, punctuation and spelling
- W6: Employ appropriate register/style
- L1: Identify and retrieve facts and details
- L2: Understand and select relevant information
- L3: Recognise and understand ideas, opinions and attitudes and the connections between related ideas
- L4: Understand what is implied but not actually stated, eg gist, relationships between speakers, speaker’s purpose/intention, speaker’s feelings, situation or place
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Cambridge was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.