- Week 1: Monday 27 March – Friday 31 March
- Week 2: Monday 3 April – Friday 7 April
- Week 3: Monday 10 April – Friday 14 April
(Good Friday is 7 April 2023; Easter Monday is 10 April 2023)
Suitable for all boards
Length of Course
5 half-day sessions
9am to 12.30pm and/or 1.30pm to 5pm daily
The course aims to provide a structured and systematic revision of the essential GCSE/IGCSE topic areas, vocabulary and grammar. As some schools will have already completed the Writing and Speaking units prior to the Easter holidays, each course will be divided into two sessions. Students may book one or both sessions as appropriate:
Session 1, 1.5 hours:
Listening and Reading Comprehension
Session 2, 1.5 hours:
Writing and Speaking
The aim of the course is to give plenty of exam practice in the above skills while consolidating vocabulary and grammatical knowledge. The areas and topics will be selected from the following and adapted to the group’s needs.
- Present tense
- Adjectives and their agreements
- Comparison for adjectives and adverbs
- Past tenses
- Pronouns with the perfect tense
- Future tense/near future tense
- Conditional tense
- Identity and culture – daily life, cultural life
- Local area, holiday and travel – town, region and country; tourist attractions
- School – what school is like, school activities
- Future aspirations – work, ambitions, using languages beyond the classroom
- International and global dimension – bringing the world together, environmental issues
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Cambridge was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.