IGCSE Mathematics Foundation Tier Edexcel
- Week 1: Monday 27 March – Friday 31 March
- Week 2: Monday 3 April – Friday 7 April
- Week 3: Monday 10 April – Friday 14 April
(Good Friday is 7 April 2023; Easter Monday is 10 April 2023)
Length of Course
5 half-day sessions
9am to 12.30pm and/or 1.30pm to 5pm daily
This course is designed for students whose schools have chosen to follow the Edexcel IGCSE Foundation Tier specification. The following content will be revised:
- Numbers and the Number System: Integers; Fractions; Decimals; Powers and roots; Set language and notation; Percentages; Ratio; Degree of accuracy; Standard form; Applying numbers; Electronic calculators.
- Equations, Formulae and Identities: Use of symbols; Algebraic manipulation; Expressions and formulae; Linear equations; Proportion; Simultaneous linear equations; Quadratic equations; Inequalities.
- Sequences, Functions and Graphs: Sequences; Functions; Graphs.
- Geometry and Trigonometry: Lines and triangles; Polygons; Symmetry; Measures; Construction; Circle properties; Geometrical reasoning; Trigonometry and Pythagoras; Mensuration of 2D and 3D shapes; Similarity.
- Vectors and Transformation Geometry: Vectors; Transformation geometry.
- Statistics and probability: Graphical representation and interpretation of data; Statistical measures; Probability.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Cambridge was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.