Mathematics GCSE Foundation Tier
- Week 1: Monday 28 March – Friday 1 April
- Week 2: Monday 4 April – Friday 8 April
- Week 3: Monday 11 April – Friday 15 April
Suitable for all boards
Length of Course
9am to 12.30pm and/or 1.30pm to 5pm daily
The National Curriculum requires all exam boards to offer a similar specification GCSE. This course is appropriate for all GCSE Mathematics candidates at the Foundation tier. These are examinations that will be graded on the 9-1 scale.
The following content will be revised:
- Number: Types of Number and BODMAS; Word Problems; Multiplying and Dividing; Negative Numbers; Prime Numbers; Multiples, Factors and Prime Factors; LCM and HCF; Fractions, Decimals; Percentages; Rounding Numbers; Estimating; Powers and Roots; Standard Form; Measures.
- Algebra: Algebraic manipulation; Simplifying; Multiplying and Dividing; Multiplying Double Brackets; Factorising; Solving Equations; Expressions, Formulas and Functions; Rearranging Formulas; Sequences; Inequalities; Quadratic Equations; Simultaneous Equations; Proof.
- Graphs: Coordinates and Midpoints; Straight-Line Graphs; Quadratic Graphs; Harder Graphs; Solving Equations Using Graphs; Distance-Time Graphs; Real-Life Graphs.
- Ratio, Proportion and Rates of Change: Ratios; Direct Proportion Problems; Inverse Proportion Problems; Percentages; Compound Growth and Decay; Unit Conversions; Area and Volume Conversions; Time Intervals; Speed, Density and Pressure.
- Shapes and Area: Properties of 2D Shapes; Congruent Shapes; Similar Shapes; The Four Transformations; Perimeter and Area; 3D Shapes; Surface Area; Volume; Projections.
- Angles and Geometry: Angle Basics; Five Angle Rules; Parallel Lines; Geometry Problems; Angles in Polygons; Triangle Construction; Loci and Construction; Bearings; Maps and Scale Drawings; Pythagoras’ Theorem; Trigonometry; Vectors.
- Probability and Statistics: Probability Basics; Probability Experiments; The AND/ OR Rules; Tree Diagrams; Sets and Venn Diagrams; Sampling and Bias; Collecting Data; Mean, Median, Mode and Range; Charts and Graphs; Frequency Tables; Grouped Frequency Tables; Interpreting Data; Comparing Data Sets.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Cambridge was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.