Science (Double Award) IGCSE Edexcel
- Week 1: Monday 28 March – Friday 1 April
- Week 2: Monday 4 April – Friday 8 April
- Week 3: Monday 11 April – Friday 15 April
Length of Course
5 x three-quarter-day sessions
This course is suitable for students studying IGCSE Double Award Science with Edexcel (4SD0). It is not suitable for those students studying GCSE Science, Additional Science or separate Biology, Chemistry and Physics. It is also not suitable for students studying with other exam boards. There is a separate course for students studying CIE IGCSE Co-ordinated Science Double Award (0654).
Please note that the Edexcel specification is un-tiered.
During the week, the following topics will be revised. This will provide appropriate revision of the key topic areas.
- The nature and variety of living organisms
- Structures and functions in living organisms (selected topics covered)
- Reproduction and inheritance
- Ecology and the environment
- Use of biological resources
- Principles of chemistry
- Chemistry of the elements
- Organic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- Forces and motion
- Energy resources and energy transfers
- Solids, liquids and gases
- Magnetism and electromagnetism
- Radioactivity and particles
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Cambridge was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.