Science (Double Award) IGCSE Edexcel
Length of course: 5 x three-quarter-day sessions
Boards: Edexcel 4SD0
This course is suitable for students studying IGCSE Double Award Science with Edexcel (4SD0). It is not suitable for those students studying GCSE Science, Additional Science or separate Biology, Chemistry and Physics. It is also not suitable for students studying with other exam boards. There is a separate course for students studying CIE IGCSE Co-ordinated Science Double Award (0654).
Please note that the Edexcel specification is un-tiered.
During the week, the following topics will be revised. This will provide appropriate revision of the key topic areas.
- The nature and variety of living organisms
- Structures and functions in living organisms (selected topics covered)
- Reproduction and inheritance
- Ecology and the environment
- Use of biological resources
- Principles of chemistry
- Chemistry of the elements
- Organic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- Forces and motion
- Energy resources and energy transfers
- Solids, liquids and gases
- Magnetism and electromagnetism
- Radioactivity and particles