University of London International Foundation Programme
As an approved institution to teach the University of London International Foundation programme, MPW London and Cambridge provide an ideal route to equip international students with the skills and knowledge required for the rigours of undergraduate study.
This one-year programme is structured with a strong emphasis on the development of academic skills and also encourages active learning by engaging with relevant and contemporary issues.
Classroom teaching is supported by comprehensive study materials and resources developed by the University of London including access to the virtual learning environment.
This course consists of four modules: one compulsory and three optional.
- One compulsory course:
- Mathematics and statistics
- Plus three courses chosen from:
- International relations
- Pure mathematics
Upon successful completion, students are awarded a University of London foundation certificate.
Download our prospectus for further information.
2017/18 IFP Success Stories:
2017/18 proves to be an outstanding year for our IFP students. We are delighted with the university offers our IFP students have received so far:
- 100% of our students applying to higher education have gained an offer
- 84% have received offers from Russell Group or University of London universities
- 6 of the top 10 universities in the UK have made offers to our students
University offers included but are not limited to:
- King's College London (Philosophy, Politics and Economics)
- University of Birmingham (Money, Banking and Finance)
- Durham University (Economics)
- University of Manchester (Sociology)
- University of Leeds (Economics and Geography)
- Queen Mary, University of London (Business Management)
- University of Warwick (Computer and Management Sciences)
- University of Exeter (Business and Management)
- University of Nottingham (Industrial Economics)
- University of Bristol (Management)
- Royal Holloway, University of London (Accounting and Finance)
- City University London (Business with Marketing)
- University of Reading (Financial and Investment Banking)
- Loughborough University (Management Sciences)
"The teachers were always incentivising us to learn extra topics independently and to discuss these in class. Being interested in class helped me get offers from the universities I was aiming at, such as SOAS, Queen Mary and City University."
“At MPW, I met brilliant teachers, who were able to prepare me for the competitive exams at the end of the year. As a result, I have received four offers from top universities: King’s College, SOAS, City University and Queen Mary.”
"My teachers and Director of Studies helped me a lot with my UCAS application, from proof reading my personal statement drafts to giving suggestions about university choices, helping me to really choose which university would be best for me."
"The environment at MPW is one of the best I have encountered in my life. I have been delighted with the quality of the courses as the teachers are passionate about their subjects and dedicated to their students."