IFP Entry Requirements
To be eligible for the International Foundation Programme you must:
- be aged 17 or above on the programme’s start date.
- meet our academic and English entry requirements as outlined below.
In order to secure an interview you must provide evidence showing that as a minimum you have:
- passed at least four separate subjects at UK GCSE/GCE O level (at grade C or above) or
- have the international equivalent of four GCSEs at grade C or above
For international equivalents:
Students will have usually completed 12 years of schooling and achieved good grades supported by a strong report. The admissions team at MPW can advise on a case by case basis.
As a guide please visit country-specific academic entry requirements (please refer to the qualifications outlined under “O – equivalent to GCSE/ GCE O Level”).
The academic requirements stated are minimum requirements needed to secure an interview.
English entry requirements
If you are a UK student, you must have a UK GCSE/ GCE O level in English at grade C or above.
For international students, you must provide evidence showing that you have:
- 6.0 IELTS or equivalent (with 6.0 in writing and no less than 5.5 in any single band, Pearson PTE and TOEFL iBT also accepted) or
- an acceptable equivalent of a UK GCSE/ GCE O level in English at grade C or above or
- fluency in academic English gained through five years secondary schooling taught solely in English
If you have any questions regarding the IFP entry requirements, you can contact us by completing the International Enquiry Form.
"The teachers were always incentivising us to learn extra topics independently and to discuss these in class. Being interested in class helped me get offers from the universities I was aiming at, such as SOAS, Queen Mary and City University."
"At MPW, I met brilliant teachers, who were able to prepare me for the competitive exams at the end of the year. As a result, I have received four offers from top universities: King’s College, SOAS, City University and Queen Mary."
"My teachers and Director of Studies helped me a lot with my UCAS application, from proof reading my personal statement drafts to giving suggestions about university choices, helping me to really choose which university would be best for me"
"The environment at MPW is one of the best I have encountered in my life. I have been delighted with the quality of the courses as the teachers are passionate about their subjects and dedicated to their students."