AS Level Religious Studies Edexcel
- Week 1: Monday 29 March – Friday 2 April
- Week 2: Monday 5 – Friday 9 April
- Week 3: Monday 12 – Friday 16 April
Edexcel (Pearson) 9RS0
Length of Course
8 hour seminars
9am to 6pm daily
1: Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophical issues and questions: Design Argument, Cosmological Argument, Ontological Argument
- The nature and influence of Religious Experience: The nature and types of religious experience, the argument for God’s existence from religious experience
- The problem of evil: the nature of the problem, responses to it (theodicies)
2: Religion and Ethics
- Significant issues/ debates in religion and ethics: The environment, Equality
- Ethical theories: Utilitarianism, Situation Ethics, Natural Moral Law
- Applied ethics: war and peace, sexual ethics
3: Study of Christianity
- Religious beliefs, values and teachings: the nature of God as personal and as Creator; The Trinity; The nature of the Church; Key Moral principles
- Sources of wisdom and authority: The Bible; The nature and role of Jesus
- The diversity of practice in the Eucharist: The diversity of practice in the Eucharist; The diversity of practice in creative expressions of religious identity
If any candidates require the AS Level AQA or OCR (reformed), they should contact the college.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.