AS Level Religious Studies
- Week 1: Monday 28 March – Friday 1 April
- Week 2: Monday 4 April – Friday 8 April
- Week 3: Monday 11 April – Friday 15 April
Length of Course
8 hour seminars
9am to 6pm daily
1. Philosophy of religion
- Ancient philosophical influences.
- The nature of the soul, mind and body.
- Arguments about the existence or non-existence of God.
- The nature and impact of religious experience.
- The challenge for religious belief of the problem of evil.
2. Religion and ethics
- Normative ethical theories
- The application of ethical theory to two contemporary issues of importance: euthanasian and business ethics.
3. Developments in religious thought (Christianity)
- Religious beliefs, values and teachings, their interconnections and how they vary historically and in the contemporary world.
- Sources of religious wisdom and authority.
- Practices which shape and express religious identity, and how these vary within Christianity.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.